Transfer Agency AML and Registration Manager, Vice President
The primary responsibility of the TA AML and Registration Manager is to ensure JPMBL duties towards AML and Registration are monitored in line with the regulation as well as the JPMBL standards.
He will be in charge of the supervision of three different teams, all lead by senior team leaders: the AML Regulatory Watch, the Investor Services and KYC Refresh and AML/Registration daily activity.
In addition to the business activity management, a large part of his/her responsibilities will be dedicated to people management and development.Business Activity Management
Business Duties and responsibilities
The principle objective of the position is to ensure that all Investor and Agent records on the Transfer Agency register are compliant with all AML policies and procedures. The team is also responsible for Sanctions and PEP screening as well as Transaction Monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with Luxembourg Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering regulations together with internal local and group policy when assessing Investor and Agent documentation.
- Work closely with internal Compliance as well the Compliance and MLRO of the Funds when reviewing complex account opening requests and seek appropriate solutions.
- Attend client meeting and Due Diligence calls/Meetings.
- Identify and escalate risk issues in accordance with internal risk policies
- Ensure procedures update according to new policies and regulations, governance and recertification.
- Monitor regular staff training on AML Red flags.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to all account opening requests together with the provision of regular reporting. Engage with investors and clients to discuss documentation requirements.
- Participate in system change projects and participate in the operational reviews and readiness phases.
- Engage in all audit reviews whether internal or external preparation of audit packs and be comfortable responding to auditor’s questions.
- Act as an escalation point.
- Proactively lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to engage with clients, senior management and third party vendors.
- Management Responsibilities
- Excellent partnership and team management skills, with ability to work closely with various teams, business and other functional stakeholders.
- Promote self-managing teams and ensure that each team member feels fully engaged in the activities under his/her remit.
- Ensure teams are consistently delivering high-value and high-quality output.
- Ensure transversal vision of the business activity under his/her responsibility, encouraging communication and exchange cross teams.
- Manage the process of Midyear and Annual Review in addition to be able to provide recurrent feedback to his/her direct reports.
- Ensure on-going interaction with direct management and report MIS to top management
Master’s Degree or Equivalent an advantage
Work experience requirements:
Minimum 6-10 years’ work experience in a similar position
1) Excellent overall knowledge of the Luxembourg Fund Industry and especially on the Transfer Agent activity
2) Very good understanding of local anti-money laundering laws rules and regulations in particular circulars and laws issued by the CSSF as relates to AML/CFT e.g. CSSF Regulation 12-02 AML Law of 12 November 2004, 4th and 5th AML Directive
3) Extensive relevant Compliance AML and data privacy experience or other related experience e.g. legal, risk management, audit etc.
4) Proven experience in team management.
5) Project Management Skills and Client facing skills would be considered a distinct advantage
6) Proven knowledge of regulatory requirements and an ability to translate them into operational/process requirements
7) SSAE16/Long Form Report and other Audit experience