Clifford Chance has been awarded the "Luxembourg Law firm of the year" and the "European Law Firm of the Year" awards by Chambers & Partners 2018.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by
combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
The Luxembourg Office, with around 90 lawyers and 11 Partners, has been a leading and respected player in the Luxembourg legal services market. Luxembourg is one of the world's leading financial centres for capital markets, private equity and investment funds.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in Business Services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
As a legal secretary, you will provide administrative support for lawyers, and help with the day-to-day tasks involved in running a law firm:
• Perform administrative tasks and support responsibilities (filing, printing, scanning and email support)
• Type, edit, proofread, and finalize documents
• Telephone coverage
• Coordinate client billing matters (opening files, preparing invoices, tracking payments)
• Prepare expense reports
• Enter attorney time into billing system (timesheets)
• Coordinate travel arrangements, appointments, conferences and meetings
• Perform administrative tasks and support responsibilities (arranging files, emails, faxes)
• Previous experience in legal or executive secretarial within a law firm, a Big 4 or a large financial services structure, preferably in Luxembourg, will be considered a plus.
• Fluency in French and English. Any additional language skills (particularly in Luxembourgish
and German) would be considered as an asset.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent organization, administrative and communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to details.
• Flexible and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.