Senior Real Estate Fund Accountant
Luxembourg City - Luxembourg
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with more than 7,000 staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industries most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Fund Accounting team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
Job Duties in Brief:
- You will maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- You will prepare financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- You will prepare limited partner and general partner allocations
- You will prepare trial balances and work paper product
- You will process standard and complex bookkeeping entries
- You will be involved within a full scope of transaction activities including full cycle accounting
- You will prepare financial data analysis
- You will monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- You will interact with Management and Clients
- You will review private equity fund client’s partnership agreements, PPM’s and other materials
- You will participate in the implementation of fund structures onto the accounting system
- You will monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement
- You will train and support team members in their development
- You will operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
- You will act as a liaison with various internal /external parties – i.e. auditors, legal counsel
- You will assist in client audit procedures
- You will process wire transfer payments on behalf of clients
- You will prepare and analyze complex Excel spreadsheets
- You will liaise with property management companies
- You are degree qualified in Business or Finance related area.
- You are a designated accountant or working towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA designation
- You have 3+ years of public/private real estate accounting work experience
- You have experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- You have knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- You have excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
- You are a motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines
- You are a team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities
- You have sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills
- You have advanced level MS Excel, Proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- You have knowledge of MRI, Yardi, or Investran a plus
- You have experience in Limited Partnership accounting a plus
- Private equity/real estate fund administration experience a plus
- You have familiarity with tax-efficient European structures and related investment vehicles and regulatory requirements a plus
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.