BDO, the 5th global accounting and audit firm worldwide, is present in 167 countries and employs more than 88 000 people.
At BDO Luxembourg, with more than 500 professionals and 26 nationalities, we offer our clients high quality advice and service in audit, accounting, tax consultancy, financial engineering, human resources, and information technology.
In order to support the growth of our Business Services Outsourcing team, we are currently looking for a:
Senior accountant Specialized in Holding/Soparfi (m/f)
If you are a team player, looking for responsibility in a professional environment that reflects our values, then we are interested in you.
Your next challenge :
In close collaboration with your team, you will:
- Deliver bookkeeping, accounting and financial reporting services, including corporate income tax and VAT returns to a portfolio of Luxembourg Soparfis, international clients;
- Competently carry out duties in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements and BDO standards so as to meet with business expectations. This with the support of other members of the team when required.
Your main responsibilities :
- Accurately bookkeep general accounting and closing entries in the ledgers of more complex clients on the basis of clear instructions and supporting documentation ;
- Prepare management and annual accounts as instructed so as to meet with client expectations and in compliance with company policy and procedures ;
- Reconcile bank account statements with entries recorded in the ledger and supporting documentation ;
- Prepare tax returns and related appendices, reconcile tax assessments;
- When relevant, prepare VAT returns and /or identify VAT potential issues ;
- Liaise with corporate/tax team in order to seek clarification on queries and missing information as discussed with your manager;
- When relevant contact and liaise with external auditors to facilitate audit review;
- Review documents prepared by the junior accountant.
Your Profile :
- You have a Bachelor degree (Bac+3) in Accounting;
- You have at least 3 years of experience;
- You are fluent in English (German or French will be a plus);
- You have strong knowledge of bookkeeping to trial balance level;
- You also have knowledge of Luxembourg accounting and legal requirements;
- You hold good command of accounting software (BOB SAGE) and of excel and Word;
- You have the ability to multi-task, well organized and able to meet the deadlines;
- You are able to work on own initiative and be team spirit oriented.
… then this offer is probably made for you!
Join us and…
- Become part of a global organization with solid financial foundations, real ambition, entrepreneurial spirit and a clear strategy for growth;
- Have a diverse portfolio of national and international clients across different industries;
- Work within a multicultural, pleasant and dynamic environment;
- Get an extensive training plan to develop your knowledge and skills;
- Receive attractive benefits.
If you are currently working abroad, relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application in English.