Line of ServiceTax
Job Description & SummaryA career in our State and Local Indirect Tax practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.
Our team helps our clients manage their indirect tax responsibilities related to value added taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, federal excise taxes, and other transaction taxes. You’ll help with identifying and exploring indirect tax opportunities and issues related to business expansion, systems and controls, refunds and cash flow, and policy and design.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Our Indirect Tax practice is growing and we are looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Our consultants work both locally and abroad to assist private companies and public authorities deal with the ever-increasing complexity of indirect taxes. Our expertise covers highly specialised tax advice for all industries (industrial companies, services, e-commerce, financial services, private equity, real estate), design and implementation of technology-enabled tax management tools, compliance, and much more.
As a VAT Manager (m/f), you will:
- Act our clients' first point of contact and act as an expert on indirect taxes (mainly VAT) related matters for a diversified portfolio of local and international clients in the sectors mentioned above;
- Play a key part in business development actions for our practice;
- Manage the team of advisors and senior advisors, coach them and make sure our technical and soft knowledge is transmitted to the team;
- Participate in the constant evolution of our service offering and in the development of our tools to accompany our clients in the digital transformation of their businesses.
- Help PwC accomplish its purpose: Solve important problems and build Trust.
- You have a university degree in law or economics;
- You have 5 to 10 years advisory experience in indirect taxation, working as an in-house tax specialist, or with the public authorities, or in a law firm or a big 4 company;
- You speak fluently English, notions of French and/or German are an asset;
- You have a people oriented mind-set;
- You have excellent commercial and client relationship skills;
- You have a methodical and organised approach to work with strong analytical skills;
- Our values speak to you: Act with integrity, Make a difference, Care, Work together, and Reimagine the possible.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End DateJune 30, 2019