Legal and Corporate Officer – MUR124
Greenfield is pleased to be representing a leading international company specialised in investment funds. They are currently willing to recruit a Legal & Corporate Officer who will be responsible for undertaking activities in relation to Investment Funds (mainly UCITS). The person will be providing Legal Support and advice in relation to the funds; will contribute to setting-up the Investment Funds (mainly alternative investment funds (“AIFs”)), follow-up the life of the Management Company and/ or the AIFM, as well as of the AIFs, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance is met; as well as by mitigating any legal risk. This role will be suitable for someone who is willing to grow into a new position. It is desirable that this candidate has experience in investment funds and has detailed knowledge of Luxembourg corporate law.
- Review and advise on fund legal documentation for the AIFs.
- Organisation and record keeping of committees of the AIFM/management company, board meetings of general partners, AIFs and underlying companies and of AGMs and EGMs or investors’ meetings of AIFs.
- AIFs cross-border registration and coordination aspects of registration with service provider.
- Liaise with all relevant parties and ensure all relevant documentation is made available both Internally and Externally.
- Provide support for incorporation, liquidation and merger of funds, and for any legal action on subfunds and share classes.
- Review and negotiation of agreements with third parties in relation to the AIFs and the related entities.
- Arrange for annual and Semi-annual reports’ approval.
- Ensure timely appropriate governance approvals and timely legal and regulatory filing.
- Participation to the review of legal procedures.
- Control and report any risk identified to ensure their mitigation.
- General company secretarial housekeeping including maintaining and filing all statutory company registers and documents.
- Complying with the appropriate regulator’s compliance requirements.
- Meet the requirements for group and regulatory deliverables.
- Strong grasp of the regulatory, legal and business risk implications of opportunities and decisions.
- University Degree, min. Bac+5 in law;
- Excellent handling of MS Office applications;
- Fluent written and spoken English. Any additional language is an asset.
- Experience of the Fund Industry with ideally an AIFM, or a law firm in Luxembourg or a PSF and knowledge of Luxembourg fund industry;
- Experience with illiquid assets (real estate, structured finance, infrastructure debt, private corporate debt, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of Luxembourg corporate law and of corporate secretary work;
- Analytical, problem solving, business analysis skills;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please forward your CV in English to Muriel Newton by applying online.
Greenfield is a Luxembourg recruitment agency specializing in the Accounting & Controlling, Operational Finance & Banking, Legal and Human Resources sectors. Offering superior results through its modular approach, Greenfield makes the recruitment process faster and easier.