For one of our clients, a European Institution, we are looking for a:
(Junior) Financial Reporting Officer
The selected candidate works under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Unit – Financial Reporting and reports ultimately to the Head of Division. S/he cooperates closely with other relevant services inside the organization as well as external auditors.
The (Junior) Reporting Officer will mainly:
• Prepare the yearly financial statements internally and for the other mandates managed by the company on behalf of third parties;
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and reliability of financial data when preparing the financial statements or any financial reporting in accordance with the selected General Accepted Accounting Principles;
• Analyse new accounting standards and designing their implementation accordingly;
• Evaluate, design and implement new products/ new mandate with the unit from a financial reporting point of view;
• Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team;
• Manage relationships with the external auditors in the context of the audit of the financial statements and to challenge questions raised during the audits.
• University qualification, preferably at postgraduate level, in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a relevant field;
• At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in financial reporting, preferably gained in the financial sector;
• Good knowledge of preparing financial statements and any financial report in accordance with the selected Accounting Framework;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Business Object. Knowledge of IBM Cognos is a considerable asset;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
• Business solutions oriented with capacity to innovate and adapt;
• High sense of responsibility, organization and initiative;
• Clearly demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in a fast paced, complex and internationally orientated environment;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Excellent team-working abilities;
• Strong communication skills – both written and oral;
• Problem solving approach.
What we offer:
• A temporary contract for 2 months with a possibility to be extended