To assist our IT Unit in its day to day activities, we are currently looking for a :
IT Full Stack Developer
Permanent contract, full-time, entry date: immediately
The IT Full Stack Developer assists the IT Manager in performing development needs according to technologies and programing languages selected in the IT strategy of the Luxembourg Institute of Health.
He/she will take part in IT projects specification writing phases led by IT Business Analyst in addition to developing software, supporting users and contributing to documentation.
- Contribute to IT projects analysis with the IT Business Analyst and respect 4 eyes principle for all software design decisions made (projects mainly driven as agile projects)
- Develop, implement and improve back end and front end parts of institute software as ERP / CMS
- Design relational databases and keep data integrity through software evolutions
- Build unit tests to guarantee developments in order to make continuous integration possible
- Use and maintain source code management software (SCM)
- Ensure that developments respect security policy, performance constraints and programming internal standards
- Propose ideas and concepts to improve current systems and frameworks
- Contribute to documentation and assists users if required (best practices sharing, troubleshoot, debugging)
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology
- Previous professional experience of at least 2 years
- Be willing to update IT knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
- Significant experience on ERP system (Odoo)
- Ability to master new frameworks related to IT strategy evolution (SharePoint)
- Good contact with users in order to identify and understand their needs
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral), knowledge of another language especially Luxembourgish is an asset.
- General skills: Team spirit, strong analysis skills, customer service oriented, ability to work under pressure, excellent writing skills, ability to perform disaster planning & troubleshooting
- Specific IT skills: object oriented programming (Python, .NET), N-Tier architectures, relational databases (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL server), source code management software (GitLab)
The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences. With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples, its research activities impact on people’s health. At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine. The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before 31 January 2020 through our website www.lih.lu/jobs.