About the LNS
The Luxembourg National Health Laboratory, “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a rapidly growing public institution with over 300 staff, operating as a multidisciplinary institute. It encompasses six scientific departments related to the fields of morphological and molecular pathology, genetics, clinical biochemistry, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection (www.lns.lu).
The LNS has new premises with modern, state of the art infrastructure to respond to the requirements and most recent developments in medical and analytical sciences. The aim of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
The LNS also engages in research and teaching activities in collaboration with partners in Luxembourg including the Hospitals, the University of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg Institute of Health.
About the Department of Medical Biology
The Department of Medical Biology offers a wide range of analyses in the following areas:
- Biochemistry/Specialized Hormonology
- Neonatal screening and metabolic diseases
- Medical Toxicology
- Prenatal screening
- Centralized sample reception
The LNS is now looking for a biologist who will manage day-to-day activities of the lab, increase the scope of activities, develop laboratory capacity and dynamically involve our multidisciplinary team in national monitoring networks and research projects.
- Supervise and validate analytical results, control and sign analysis reports for distribution
- Support the Head of Department with talent management and professional team development
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities in the Department
- Communicate with clinicians: advise on interpreting results and prescribing
- Effective participation in quality management (ISO 15189:2012 accreditation)
- Participate in the organization and development strategy of the activities within the various sectors
- Research and development: develop and implement clinical studies of new biological markers
This list of tasks is not to be considered exhaustive. Missions may vary according to the specific needs of the general direction.
- You are a doctor or pharmacist biologist (m/f) specialized in biochemistry, hormonology and toxicology
- You have a general education in clinical biology, but you have an affinity for biochemistry and/or toxicology, as well as in quality assurance
- Experience in mass spectrometry and separative technics is an asset
- You are dynamic, show initiative and enjoy challenges
- You have great interpersonal skills (internal and external communication, team player)
- You attach great importance to the daily service provided to doctors and patients
- You are able to coach and motivate employees
- You are rigorous and have good organizational skills
- You are fluent in orally and in written in English and French
- Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- An international and multidisciplinary environment
- Continuous training possibilities
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) via the application button below.
In case of application, you must be eligible toobtain a license to practice clinical biology in Luxembourg (autorisation d’exercer de “responsable de laboratoire d’analyse de biologie médicale”, in one of the four disciplines) (http://www.sante.public.lu/fr/formulaires/professions/autorisation-exercer-profession-sante/index.html).
The applications will be treated in order of arrival and with the highest degree of confidentiality.