The Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) is a Luxembourg public institution and the financial supervisory authority in charge of the supervision of the Luxembourg financial sector.
As the national competent authority in charge of the supervision of credit institutions, the CSSF would like to reinforce its horizontal supervision function within the “Supervision of banks” department and is recruiting a:
Banking Supervision Analyst–depositary function(m/f)
Ref. « B-BSA-DEP»
- Off-site supervision of the depositary function of custodian banks.
- Follow and analyze the national and international regulation relating to depositary banks and investment funds.
- Assist the middle management and the line supervisors (in charge of the direct supervision of credit institutions) by providing them with expert advice and training regarding regulatory issues relating to credit institutions servicing investment funds.
- Four or five-year university degree in Law, Economics, Finance or Business Administration and Management (BAC+4/+5).
- Extensive professional exposure to the servicing of investment funds by custodian banks implying a deep knowledge of the respective regulatory framework (réviseurd’entreprises, prudential authority, compliance, fund compliance, audit or risk management function of a custodian bank, ...).
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg fund industry.
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered as a considerable advantage.
- Writing, analytical, synthesis and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Availability for missions abroad.
* * *
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”). Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity.
The application file must contain:
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- A coverletter,
- A copy of the applicant’s ID card,
- A copy of the applicant’s diplomas (candidates who hold foreign diplomas are asked to submit proof of registration of their diplomas in the register of higher education qualifications issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research).
Application files that are incomplete or non-eligible (e.g. diplomas that do not meet the requirements or candidates with a non-EU citizenship) will not be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their application (mentioning the reference of the position) to firstname.lastname@example.org