Associate Director – International Banking Services
Our client is a reputable international bank that has a dynamic client-focused approach. Their clients are institutional companies, and first-class investment businesses. They provide classic banking operations to large institutional clients from a range of financial instructions.
I am seeking an experienced Associate Director who brings more than 5 years’ experience of Banking and Client Relationship Management / Sales to an Institutional / Large / International client base. You need to be a driven, solution-focused person who enjoys handling a large portfolio and growing it in the market. This is a wide opportunity to offer services in Luxembourg that have not been offered to the local market before, so we are looking for a skilled banking professional to create and build new networks in the asset management / investment / Fund administration space and on-board them into our new banking client.
We do accept, and in fact welcome candidates from overseas for this position, as no similar candidates are available on the local market today. As long as you have a strong client-driven attitude, good commercial acumen, and proven experience of growing your own portfolio in Banking we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an Associate Director level, as well as Director-level should we find the right person.
You would be personally in charge of your own portfolio of around 20+ clients, or more based on seniority and depth of relationship.
- Manage a client portfolio of funds and fund administrators; previous experience of this client type is ideal, but not mandatory;
- Support clients on their daily needs; getting to know your clients on a granular level, and always providing first in class service to their needs.
- Open and managing bank accounts for incorporation of SPVs, M&A and dissolution;
- Business development; attending conferences, networking, developing a good name for yourself in the market;
- Banking services; from standard account opening, to much more complex banking services;
- Payment services; multi-currency platforms;
- Online hedging services for currency trading;
- Minimum 5 years Large, Institutional Client Banking experience; this could be from a background of Commercial and Corporate Banking, Funds Banking, or Investment Banking;
- Highly developed client relationship, business development, and selling skills;
- Capital Markets background;
- Exposure to the Alternative Funds Market would be ideal but is not mandatory;
- Fluent English is mandatory – German is a great plus
- PE/RE fund experience
- Senior Banking remuneration and salary, performance-led bonus system
- Our client is a fast-growing investment banking platform, offering unique and world class opportunities to dynamic, driven candidates who want to give their best to a reputable employer, and create a first-class career for themselves in the process.