European Fund Administration S.A. (EFA) is an independent company servicing investment funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, hedge funds and funds of hedge funds, unit-linked insurance products,.
EFA is one of the leaders of the outsourcing market in Luxembourg, Europe’s largest fund center.
EFA’s range of services includes: Net Asset Value calculation, bookkeeping and portfolio valuation, transfer agent and registrar services, fiscal services, compliance and risk management, performance measurement and attribution, domiciliation and reporting solutions.
EFA is present in Luxembourg and in Paris (via EFA France). More information is available at www.efa.eu.
EFA's shareholders are KBL European Private Bankers S.A., Banque de Luxembourg S.A., Banque et Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat, Oddo BHF and EFA Partners S.A.
Our Due Diligence Department is looking to recruit a:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform Ongoing Due Diligence (“ODD”) on existing relationships and investors on a regular basis in line with internal AML/CTF policies and procedures.
- Occasionally analyse new cases from, performing appropriate Due Diligence (“DD”), gathering information on clients with which the Company is looking to engage into a contractual relationship as well as on investors looking to invest into the Funds.
- Perform open-source research – Corporate Intelligence.
- Ensure completeness of KYC document files and retention of evidence of performed DD, ODD and findings.
- Perform detailed preliminary DD linked to the on-boarding of existing businesses migrating to EFA in order to assess status of the incoming files.
- Assist line management in the preparation of appropriate reports for internal as well as external parties (Management Companies, AIFMs, GPs, official TAs…) and authorities where relevant, on ODD status, blocked accounts, high risk individuals and ad hoc demands.
- For high risk clients in particular, manage the agreed pre-approval process with the governing bodies of the Fund and the preparation of the Memo for EFA’s Compliance.
- Monitor Blacklist and PEP screening results and transactions in accordance with the related monitoring rules defined with Compliance, and perform appropriate case by case analysis to report suspicious cases to line management and Head of CDD
- Participate in the review, update and maintenance of the team, department and company procedures related to AML/CTF matters
- In case of DD on EFA, represent the Company in relation to any AML aspects, in coordination with Compliance and the Client Service Delivery Managers where required.
- Be a key point of contact for the Client Service Delivery Managers and the commercial teams on new and existing AML customer matters.
- University degree (Bac+3 to Bac+5) in Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the financial industry in Luxembourg with exposure to AML matters, managing AML/KYC aspects, participating actively in ODD programs.
- Swedish speaking with fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Private Equity/Real Estate products and investor base typology is a clear advantage.
- Good knowledge of Open-Source Intelligence techniques.
- Knowledge of FATCA and CRS requirements.
- Knowledge of Multifonds TA and/or iHub software would be an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills, decision taker, capable of taking initiatives.You are customer-oriented and pragmatic.
- You are thorough, well organized and accurate.
- Communication and diplomatic skills are key for dealing directly with internal and external clients.
- Capable of working under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
We can offer you:
- Varied work as part of a dynamic and ambitious company that has been established in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for 20 years ;
- An attractive remuneration scheme: Company Agreement, 34.5 days’ leave, meal vouchers, life and disability insurance, supplementary pension scheme, interest subsidies, a Sympass card, offices located close to the Luxembourg Central Station, etc.
Interested? Should you feel your profile suits the above description, please send your application letter and CV, quoting the position “AML/KYC/2020-12” by clicking the Apply button below.