Our partner, a large group managing payment systems, e-banking and automated banking operations, is looking to expand its team in Luxembourg. They form a part of a large group who is a leading player worldwide in the payments and transactional services industry. The group in Luxembourg has more than 250 collaborators with a focus on IT communication and infrastructures.
Role & Responsibilities
As a member of the accounting team in Luxembourg, you will primarily be in charge of the bookkeeping of general entries of dedicated companies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Handle the Group regulatory and tax reporting (VAT, EU sales lists, Statec);
- Process monthly, quarterly and annual closing within the time allowed;
- Book journal entries and accruals by ensuring the timely reconciliation of dedicated accounts and assessing the quality of the supporting documentation;
- Perform and control the monthly reconciliation of accounting entries (including the payroll, PPE, inventories, intercompany flows and tax activities);
- Correct allocation of payments on analytical accounts and costs centers;
- Perform accounting tasks linked to some accounts payables and to some accounts receivables of dedicated companies;
- Prepare documentations and support the head during the annual audit;
- Support the implementation of controls and carry out the necessary checks to ensure the high quality of all deliverables;
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis and participate to projects.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent;
- At least 5 years' working experience in accounting;
- Knowledge of IFRS and of Lux GAAP is an asset;
- Working experience in SAP-FI and MS office (proficiency with MS Excel) are required;
- Ability to be flexible and to work both independently and in a team environment in an international & multi-cultural environment;
- Problem solving oriented as well as ability to work under pressure with very tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English is mandatory, French or German would be considered as an asset.
Sthree Luxembourg is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.