you are an expert in the systems engineering space, but don’t want it to be your limit. As part of the Victor Buck Services Infrastructure team, what excites you is the opportunity to have a broad impact on the product and customer experience.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Providing expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems related to Linux/UNIX. Working with the Linux boot process, storage, or network stacks. Improving and refining server OS deployments and provisioning processes.
- Collecting requirements and proposing design alternatives for OS components.
- Managing and supporting various applications, systems and services across Test, Stage, and Production environments.
- Managing enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN/NAS/S3 attached storage.
- Resolving highly complex technical issues using Linux diagnostic tools such as TOP and IOSTAT.
- Implementing solutions to problems of diverse scope in specific areas, including data analysis to identify root cause and contributing factors. Supporting a virtualized environment with several different OS, Storage and Systems.
- Performing capacity planning for Linux/UNIX systems and services. Anticipates growth demands and responds with action plans accordingly
- Working with the Security team to ensure proper security controls are built into and maintained for Linux systems. Perform system administration, installation, problem isolation, and resolution on Linux/UNIX systems
- Creating and updating documentation for related tools and processes
To be the best in the job, you need :
- 5+ years of experience with strong understanding of one or more of RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Oracle Linux especially CentOS.
- Strong understanding of core Linux provisioning tools as well as networking and connectivity tools
- Proven Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef…You know where each are strong and weak. Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Experience in Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Nomad, Swarm.
- Experience with GITHUB / SVN or equivalent.
- Experience supporting LDAP.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc.).
- Nagios, Opsview, Prometheus, Sensu… tuning monitoring just right is imperative to success.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience administering source control, build automation tools
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience with SQL and MySQL.
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice
- Strong knowledge of Solaris.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing in English and French
- Available for planned maintenance or the occasional emergency that requires a deeper level of knowledge.
Top reasons to work with us :
- To be part of a growing and successful company
- To work with talented people
- To be important to us